March 13, 2015 Leave a comment
We recently released the 2015 Temkin Experience Ratings that ranks the customer experience of 293 companies across 20 industries based on a survey of 10,000 U.S. consumers.
Here are some highlights from the parcel delivery services results between 2012 and 2015:
- Despite a very slight decline in their average ratings—down from 73.2% in 2014 to 72.9% in 2015—parcel delivery services have the fourth highest average rating of all the industries we evaluated in the 2015 Temkin Experience Ratings. It is also only one of five industries with an average rating of “good.”
- Although it dropped by one percentage-point over the last year, UPS remains the top-rated parcel delivery company, with a rating of 74% and a rank of 60th overall out of 293 companies. UPS only narrowly beat out the U.S. Postal Service and FedEx, both of whom scored 73% and placed 76th.
- DHL increased its rating more than any other parcel delivery company, improving its score by 10 percentage-points between 2014 and 2015. However, DHL was still the bottom rated company in this industry, with a rating of 63% an overall rank of 168th.
- Since 2014, DHL improved its emotion score by 16 percentage-points, the biggest increase for any parcel delivery company in any individual component score, while FedEx decreased its effort score by three percentage-points, the biggest decline for any parcel delivery company in any individual component score.
- Although the industry’s average for both success and effort dropped by one percentage-point this year—down to 80% and 77% respectively—the parcel delivery industry actually improved its emotion score, going up from 61% in 2014 to 62% in 2015.
- Despite being below the industry average for both its emotion and effort rating, U.S. Postal Service actually scored 1.1 percentage-points above the average for success.
- UPS was the only company in the parcel delivery industry that scored above the industry average for all three of the components: 0.5 percentage-points above industry average for success, 1.4 points for effort, and 1.6 points for emotion.