April 28, 2016 Leave a comment
Five years ago I announced the creation of the Customer Experience Professionals Association in a blog post called…
In that post, I listed these objectives that co-founder Jeanne Bliss and I had for the CXPA:
- There are many customer experience networking groups, but the industry has hit a stage where it needs a single, collective voice to map its evolution.
- We want to help customer experience professionals embed customer experience management skill sets across their organization.
- Our goal is to identify standards and best practice approaches and transfer those skills across the industry.
- We want to ensure that that customer experience management continues to generate a vibrant set of opportunities for customer experience practitioners.
Five years later, we have a thriving global community of more than 4,000 customer experience professionals that has made strides across all of those objectives. Here’s a sampling of the great things that the CXPA has accomplished:
- We’ve had 100’s of local networking events where CX professionals discuss best practices, network, and hang out with each other. I’ve had the opportunity to attend a couple dozen of these sessions and am amazed at how much energy there is when CX professionals get together.
- Next week we’ll be holding our 6th Insight Exchange in Atlanta where more than 300 CX professionals will participate in an intense two-days of sharing. These are great events, that are unlike any others in the industry. Rather than focusing on one-way presentations, we create environments where people learn from and share with each other. This special sauce is called member-to-member, or just plain M2M. We also recently held our second European Insight Exchange.
- We’ve also created CX Day, which is an annual celebration of great customer experience and the professionals who make it happen (mark your calendar for October 5th!). It’s an exciting day where CX professionals around the world join together.
- There are amazing educational resources for members. Our online community offers great content, from CX tools to webinars. And our members actively share their learnings with each other through rich online conversations. They can even query a group of CX Experts to get answers to specific questions.
- We’ve created a Mentor Match Program, where the CXPA connects individual members together to form mentorship relationships.
- And one of the most important things that we’ve done is to create the Certified Customer Experience Professional (CCXP) designation. Having an independent certification system is a critical step in the evolution of our profession, Here’s what I wrote about being a CCXP.
I’ve been amazed to see the passion and commitment that our members have to the association and to each other. CXPA members are more than just people who pay an annual fee to belong to a professional association. We’re family.
I’m so proud to be a member of the CXPA family!