FedEx Leads Parcel Delivery Services in 2013 Temkin Experience Ratings
March 21, 2013 Leave a comment
We recently released the 2013 Temkin Experience Ratings that ranks the customer experience of 246 companies across 19 industries based on a survey of 10,000 U.S. consumers. Here are highlights from the parcel delivery industry:
- The parcel deliver industry, on average, was tied for third out of 19 industries we studied and one of four industries with an average rating of “good.
- The average industry rating increased from 72% in 2012 to 74% in 2013.
- The increase represented the sixth largest out of 18 industries that were in both years.
- FedEx (45th overall) leads the industry, but only has a small lead over UPS (53rd overall) and U.S. Postal Service (64th overall).
- FedEx has the highest score in all of the underlying components, functional, accessible, and emotional while the U.S. Postal Service is the lowest rated in all three.
- All three firms showed modest improvement over last year, with FedEx showing the most (+2 percentage points).
- Here’s a link to industry results from the 2012 ratings.