October 26, 2015 Leave a comment
I’ve decided to take on a personal challenge: Tweeting (@btemkin) a new customer experience tip for 100 straight days.
After accounting for the overhead in each tweet (like referring back to this post), I’m only left with about 105 characters. Hopefully I can keep up the pace and pack insight into that limited space. I’ll be using the hashtag, #CXtip, so you can follow along on twitter (or just keep coming back to this post).
The tips will cover the four customer experience core competencies: Purposeful Leadership (PL), Compelling Brand Values (CBV), Employee Engagement (EE) and Customer Connectedness (CC).
Here are the 100 #CX Tips:
- #CXtip 1: Examine #insights for #customers’ journeys, not for individual, siloed interactions. (CC)
- #CXtip 2: Engaged employees are extremely valuable assets. They’re worth even more of your investment. (EE)
- #CXtip 3: You can’t fake it. Assume that customers & employees will always figure out what’s real & act accordingly. (PL)
- #CXtip 4: Great #brands are built on making, embracing & keeping promises, so be clear about your #customer promises. (CBV)
- #CXtip 5: #CustExp encompasses success, effort, & emotion. They all impact loyalty, but #emotion rules. (CC)
- #CXtip 6: Don’t waste customers’ time asking them questions unless you are prepared to act on what they say. (CC)
- #CXtip 7: #Employees are more #engaged when you ask for their feedback and act upon what they say. (EE)
- #CXtip 8: Build commitment by appealing to #employees’ hearts, shared values & intrinsic motivations. (PL)
- #CXtip 9: Not all customers are the same. Stop treating them as if they are. Think of using #personas. (CC)
- #CXtip 10: What people experience is not what they remember; so take advantage of how people remember things (CC)