Apple and HP Lead Computer Industry in 2013 Temkin Experience Ratings
March 22, 2013 Leave a comment
We recently released the 2013 Temkin Experience Ratings that ranks the customer experience of 246 companies across 19 industries based on a survey of 10,000 U.S. consumers. Here are highlights from the computer industry:
- The computer industry has been steadily improving over the last three years, from an average Temkin Experience Rating of 54% in 2011 to 60% this year. The average rating for computer makers places the sector tied for 13th out of 19 industries.
- Apple is the highest-ranked computer maker for the third straight year, ranked #134 across all industries. It’s rating of 64%, is one percentage point below its 2012 rating. The company led the industry in the accessible and emotional components.
- HP is in second place in the industry with a rating of 62% and leads in the functional component. The company’s ratings increased three percentage points since last year, narrowing the gap with Apple.
- Dell showed the largest improvement over 2012, with an increase of six percentage points.
- The lowest-ranked computer makers are Sony and Lenovo, with ratings of 54%. Both of those firms had the largest declines in the industry.
- Sony is the lowest rated in functional and accessible components and Lenovo is the lowest rated in the emotional component.
- Here’s a link to industry results from the 2012 ratings.