AOL and Cablevision Lead Internet Service Industry in 2013 Temkin Experience Ratings
March 20, 2013 Leave a comment
We recently released the 2013 Temkin Experience Ratings that ranks the customer experience of 246 companies across 19 industries based on a survey of 10,000 U.S. consumers. Here are highlights from the Internet services industry:
- The Internet service industry has the second-lowest average rating . The average score was 55%, tied with health plans. (The lowest-ranked industry was TV service providers.)
- The average score has remained steady over the years, with 53% in 2011, 55% in 2012, and 55% again in 2013.
- Only two ISPs (#123 AOL and #166 Cablevision) are in the “okay” range; the rest are in the “poor” range with scores below 60%.
- EarthLink, which is next to last among ISPs at #227, had an increase of 10 over last year. Next largest gains were by Charter Communications (seven points) and AOL (six points).
- The largest decline since 2012 was Cablevision’s decrease of three points.
- The lowest-ranked ISP, #232 Charter Communications, is tied for fifth-to-last overall.
- Earthlink earned the lowest rating for the functional component, MSN earned the lowest for accessible, and Comcast earned the lowest for emotional.
- Earthlink has an unusual profile with a very weak functional score and a fairly strong emotional one.
- Here’s a link to industry results from the 2012 ratings.