Marriott and La Quinta Lead Hotel Industry in 2013 Temkin Experience Ratings
March 14, 2013 Leave a comment
We recently released the 2013 Temkin Experience Ratings that ranks the customer experience of 246 companies across 19 industries based on a survey of 10,000 U.S. consumers. Here are highlights from the hotel industry:
- The hotel industry is tied for sixth out of 19 industries.
- The hotels in the ratings cover a wide range of scores, from Marriott at #45 with a “good” rating, to Days Inn at #244 with a “very poor” score.
- La Quinta, Holiday Inn Express, Courtyard By Marriott, Hampton Inn, and Hilton also earned “good” ratings.
- Hilton earned the highest increase over last year, five points.
- Holiday Inn and Motel 6 decreased the most from last year, a five points decline.
- Courtyard By Marriot had the highest functional score, but is relatively weak in the emotional components.
- Hyatt has an unusual profile, with it’s emotional rating much stronger compared to the other two components.
- Marriot and La Quinta earned the top marks in the accessible component.
- Motel 6 is the lowest rated in the functional component.
- Days Inn is the lowest rated hotel chain for accessible and emotional components.
- Here’s a link to industry results from the 2012 ratings.