Chick-fil-A Leads Fast Food Industry in 2013 Temkin Experience Ratings
March 13, 2013 Leave a comment
We recently released the 2013 Temkin Experience Ratings that ranks the customer experience of 246 companies across 19 industries based on a survey of 10,000 U.S. consumers. Here are highlights from the fast food industry:
- The average rating for fast food industry places it at number two out of 19 industries, only behind grocery chains.
- The average rating for the fast food industry increased from 74.0% in 2012 to 76.3% in 2013.
- Chick-fil-A is the top scoring fast food chain for the second straight year, with a rating of 82%. That score puts the fast food chain at #3 across all industries. It also earned the top marks for functional and emotional components in fast foods.
- Three other fast food chains are in the top 10 in the overall ratings; Dunkin’ Donuts, Little Caesar’s, and Sonic Drive-In are all tied at #7.
- Arby’s earned the top rating for the accessible component.
- KFC is the lowest-ranked fast food chain with a rating of 67%. That’s four points below the next lowest rated fast food chain, McDonalds.
- Hardees showed the largest improvement between 2012 and 2013, gaining 10 percentage points. Next on the list, Jack in the Box increased nine percentage points and Domino’s increased eight percentage points.
- While no firm declined by very much, three fast food chains dropped three percentage points between 2012 and 2013: Starbucks, Taco Bell, and KFC.
- Here’s a link to industry results from the 2012 ratings.