Health Plans Fail On Customer Experience
March 9, 2010 3 Comments
Forrester’s 2010 Customer Experience Index (CxPi) ranks 133 firms across 14 industries. I recently analyzed the results of the nine health plans in the CxPi. Here are the overall results:
Some interesting tidbits from the research:
- Health plans were the worst scoring industry for the third straight year.
- The average score across health plans was the same as it was in 2008, a “very poor” 51%.
- Kaiser was in top place again, although it dropped a bit from 2008.
- The public plans, Medicare and Medicaid, had the largest improvement.
- Anthem (BCBS) and United Healthcare dropped the most since 2008.
The bottom line: Health plan customer experience needs resuscitation.