7 Keys To Customer Experience In 2010
December 13, 2009 9 Comments
In the December issue of CRM Magazine which focuses on customer experience, I wrote an article called “7 Keys To Customer Experience” that provides advice for companies as they look ahead to 2010. Here’s how the article starts:
Despite the economic difficulties in 2009, we’ve seen a significant up-tick in real customer experience efforts. What do I mean by real? Efforts which address systemic issues like poorly designed interactions, broken processes, outdated business rules, insufficient customer insight, and cultures that are far from customer-centric.
After the introduction, I outline these 7 areas of focus for next year:
- Drop the executive commitment facade
- Acknowledge that you don’t know your customers
- Keep from getting too distracted by social media
- Stop squeezing the life out of customer service.
- Restore the purpose in your brand
- Don’t expect employees to get on board
- Translate customer experience into business terms
I’ll provide more details for all of these items in a later post. For now, you can read the CRM Magazine article if you want to see more.
The bottom line: 2010 will be a busy year for customer experience