Google and Apple Lead Software Industry in 2013 Temkin Experience Ratings
March 22, 2013 Leave a comment
We recently released the 2013 Temkin Experience Ratings that ranks the customer experience of 246 companies across 19 industries based on a survey of 10,000 U.S. consumers. Here are highlights from the software industry:
- The software industry, on average, comes 11th out of 19 industries we studied. We did not study software firms in previous years.
- The top software firm, Google, earned a score of 67%, high in the “okay” range. The lowest-ranked software firm, McAfee, earned a 54%.
- McAfee earned the lowest score across all three underlying components, functional, accessible and emotional.
- Symantec earned the top spot in the functional component.
- Google earned the top ratings accessible and emotional components.
- Apple, earned second place in the industry. While Apple is first place among its peers in the computer manufacturing industry, it received an even higher score for its software offerings—with a score of 67%.
- Here’s a link to industry results from the 2012 ratings.