TracFone and Verizon Wireless Lead Wireless Industry in 2013 Temkin Experience Ratings
March 20, 2013 Leave a comment
We recently released the 2013 Temkin Experience Ratings that ranks the customer experience of 246 companies across 19 industries based on a survey of 10,000 U.S. consumers. Here are highlights from the wireless industry:
- On average, the wireless industry showed a slight decrease from 60.3% in 2012 to 59.9% this year, earning the sector a “poor” rating.
- The top company in the industry, TracFone, is only #115 overall, but its rating of 66% is four points above second place Verizon Wireless. This is the third straight year that TracFone has led the industry.
- Three wireless companies earned “poor” ratings: AT&T (59%), Sprint (58%), and T-Mobile (56%). This is the second straight year that T-Mobile has been in last place in the industry.
- AT&T and Sprint are the only two wireless carriers with decreases in their ratings between 2012 and 2013.
- TracFone leads in the functional component of the ratings and Verizon Wireless leads in the accessible component.
- MetroPCS has a very unique profile; it leads in the emotional component, but is the lowest scoring in the accessible component.
- T-Mobile is the lowest rated in both the functional and emotional components
- Here’s a link to industry results from the 2012 ratings.