Advantage Leads Rental Car Industry in 2013 Temkin Experience Ratings
March 18, 2013 Leave a comment
We recently released the 2013 Temkin Experience Ratings that ranks the customer experience of 246 companies across 19 industries based on a survey of 10,000 U.S. consumers. Here are highlights from the rental car industry:
- The average rating for rental cars places it at number 12 out of 19 industries.
- The most highly-ranked car rental agency, #78 Advantage, is well ahead of the next car rental firm, Enterprise, at #123. Advantage was on top of the functional, accessible, and emotional components, but was not included in the 2012 Temkin Experience Ratings.
- Avis had the largest increase since 2012. It was particularly strong in the accessible component.
- Three rental car agencies tied for last place: Budget, Dollar and Alamo. All three declined since 2012, but Alamo saw the worst decline of any car rental agency, losing 20 percentage points.
- Dollar is the lowest in functional component, Alamo is the lowest in accessible, and Budget is the lowest in emotional.
- Here’s a link to industry results from the 2012 ratings.