Net Promoter Scores Vary By Region
November 13, 2012 16 Comments
We recently published a benchmark of Net Promoter Scores of 180 companies across 19 industries. Someone asked me if the scores varied across different parts of the U.S. To be honest, I had never thought about that question and had certainly never researched it.
As you may be able to tell, I have a hard time leaving a quesiton unanswered. So I examined the data by region for all 19 industries. As you can see in the chart below:
- NPS is highest in the South for 16 out of 19 industries.
- NPS is lowest in the West for 13 out of 19 industries.
- There’s a double-digit NPS gap in nine industries.
- The largest NPS gapsare as follows:
- Major appliances (21 point gap between South and West)
- Grocery chans (18 point gap between Midwest/South and West)
- Hotel Chains (17 point gap between South and Northeast)