Obstacles To Customer Experience Success, 2009
February 27, 2009 2 Comments
I just published a new report called Obstacles To Customer Experience Success, 2009 that examines results from a survey of customer experience decision makers in Q4 2008. I also published a similar piece of research last year. Here are some of the findings:
- 89% felt that customer experience as either very important or critical to their firm’s strategy in 2009.
- 80% said that their executive teams aimed to differentiate their firm’s customer experience.
- 65% described their approach to customer experience as either disciplined or very disciplined (up from 58% last year).
- 57% have a senior executive in charge on improving customer experience across products and channels (up from 45% last year).
- More than half picked lack of budget and lack of cooperation across organizations as major obstacles to their customer experience efforts.
- What do they expect from a continued recession? 48% expect spending on customer experience to get cut less than in other places, while only 12% expect it to get cut at a higher rate.
The bottom line: Customer experience management won’t get pushed aside by the recession